In the framework of operation of the website (www.lfis.com), the company operating this website, LFIS, may be led to deposit cookies on workstations of website visitors ("visitor", "you", "your") and process personal data.
1/ Definition of “cookies”
A cookie is a text file placed on the device you are using to access the internet (computer, mobile phone, tablet etc.) when you use a browser to visit a website.
We place a unique identifier in the cookie and use the cookie to connect your computer to the information that we store in our database. It contains data which allow you to be identified:
- The name of the server which placed it;
- A unique numeric identifier;
- Possibly, an expiry date.
- Suggest offers in line with the visitor’s profile;
- Make it easier to share information (among other on social networks);
- Save login settings for a better website experience and, in general, to optimise the way the website is displayed;
- Propose adverts suited to your areas of interest;
- Enable authorisation and/or connection to certain websites;
- Collect statistical information.
Cookies are not the only way that visitors to a website can be recognised or traced. We may from time to time use other, similar technologies, such as tags (sometimes known as “tracking pixels” or “clear gifs”. These are tiny graphic files containing a unique identifier which enables us to recognise when someone has visited the website. In many case these technologies depend on cookies to function correctly, so rejection of cookies will obstruct their operation. Also, for ease of understanding, we use the term "cookie" which includes all of this technology.
When your consent is required for their use, consent for placing of cookies is valid for 13 months. At the end of this period, we will again seek your consent. Cookies placed by the owner of a website are known as “internal cookies”. Cookies placed by parties other than the owner of a website are known as “third-party cookies”. Third-party cookies allow the provision of third-party functions or functionalities on or via a website (such as advertising or interactive or analytic content). People who install these third-party cookies may collect some of your personal data, recognise your computer both when it visits the website in question and when it visits other websites.
2/ What cookies do we use?
We use different types of cookies, as outlined below:
- Mandatory cookies: These cookies are necessary for the proper functioning of the website. They contain unique identification information. Their deactivation or removal may lead to the malfunctioning of certain functionalities. These cookies are strictly linked to the operation of our site and do not require the recording of information or the prior consent of the user on its terminal.
- Analytical cookies: Analytical cookies are used to track visitors on the site. They are essential to help us measure and optimise site performance.
- Marketing cookies: These cookies are used for targeted advertising or behavioural targeting purposes. They are managed by our business partners or by third-party companies and help to provide the user with personalised experience throughout the site.
- Functional cookies: These cookies are not indispensable for browsing the site but help improve its functioning and give you access to specific features. The recording of cookies on your device is the easiest and quickest way to customise and optimise your user experience.
3/ How can you manage cookies?
When you first visit the website, you are summoned to set your privacy preferences by accepting all or only certain types of cookies. By clicking on “Accept all cookies”, you consent to LFIS placing all types of cookies as defined under provision 2. of LFIS’ cookies policy on your computer or device. You can as well set the parameters to accept only certain types of cookies. You will then be able to change these parameters by accessing the Website’s cookies management module at any point in time after your initial access. The website will not be accessible without first the user settings its cookies preferences.
Please note that if you decide to refuse functional cookies, some of the options offered on the website may not be available to you. Consequently, we cannot be held liable if website functions are adversely affected by your chosen settings.
If you disable one or more cookies, we will still be able to use the information collected by these cookies before they were disabled but will no longer collect data via the rejected cookie.
4/ What if I have more questions about the cookies policy?
If you have any questions or doubts about LFIS’ privacy and cookies policy, please email our Data Protection Officer at to firstname.lastname@example.org or send a letter to:
Responsable de la protection des données
128, Boulevard Raspail